posted on February 18, 2013 00:00
Want a Job in the Racing Industry?
JE Pistons, Inc., the leader in forged racing pistons, manufactures pistons for high-performance engines, combining technical excellence with responsiveness to meet and exceed customer needs. We are seeking an Application Design Engineer who is passionate about Powersports performance and the racing industry.
Application Design Engineer job responsibilities include determining design specifications from customer requirements to design forged and billet pistons using SolidWorks. Additional responsibilities include assigning appropriate machine processes and tooling to manufacture pistons, overseeing piston designs throughout the manufacturing process, and resolving problems during production.
Education and Experience:
The qualified candidate will possess the following knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field with a minimum of 1-2 years of work experience.
- In lieu of a degree, years of work experience in the design of Automotive or Powersports components will be taken into consideration
- Experience in 3D modeling, preferably utilizing SolidWorks
- Experience with SolidWorks Simulation is a plus
- Solid background in internal combustion engine technology, both hands-on and theory
- Familiarity with precision measurement tools including micrometers, height gauges, dial indicators, and calipers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles and concepts through previous work and educational experience
- High level of self-initiative with the ability to conceptualize, implement, manage and execute multiple projects and tasks with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work within cross functional teams to identify and address quality issues throughout the entire organization
- Understanding of lean principles, Six Sigma, GD&T, and ISO9001 is a plus
- Must be an avid Powersports enthusiast with a passion for performance and commitment to continual improvement
Benefits include a comprehensive package of medical, life insurance, AD&D benefits, cafeteria plan, flexible spending account, 401K, tuition reimbursement and a casual, fun work environment. Salary is commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates may apply in person, email or fax and should accompany their resume with a cover letter detailing their experience in design and the Powersports racing industry.
JE Pistons, Inc.
15312 Connector Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
Fax (714) 901-6973