Pablo Mazlumian posted on Monday, August 08, 2016 7:48 PM
Today we get some preliminary testing of the Precision CEA 6870 Gen2 turbo both on the dyno as well as on the tarmac! If you like dyno charts and speedo videos, check this out.
Pablo Mazlumian posted on Sunday, April 03, 2016 4:38 PM
Since the recent wintery weather hasn’t allowed this Midwest import to have much fun, we've been rather quiet with regard to Project Supra. But the weather's breaking, and so will traction--thanks to the GEN2 PT6870 CEA turbo madness from Precision Turbo! Check it out...
Pablo Mazlumian posted on Monday, December 07, 2015 11:54 AM
When TEIN released the EDFC controller nearly 14 years ago, the suspension tuning world hit a new level of technology. Now with its more current EDFC ACTIVE version, TEIN has stepped up its game again, and we got to install it on our 800 WHP Project MKIV Supra!
Pablo Mazlumian posted on Thursday, November 05, 2015 8:08 PM
We take the PTP lava turbo blanket and check out the temperature delta between the blanket itself and its surrounding components after a couple of 800 WHP runs. The difference is impressive!
Pablo Mazlumian posted on Monday, November 02, 2015 2:07 PM
We continue to transform our 20-something year-old interior, bringing it up to 21st century specs as well as fix some boost leaks that send this 800whp rocket back to flying!
Pablo Mazlumian posted on Monday, October 26, 2015 1:33 PM
Continuing on our quest to update this 20-year-old car’s cockpit, we swap our old Corbeau CR1 seats and update them with new RRBs! Plus, you'll get a sneak peak into what else is up our sleeves to complete the Supra's interior transformation, worthy of an ESPY award!
Pablo Mazlumian posted on Monday, July 20, 2015 3:45 PM
Check out how a couple of small upgrades start to transform the look and feel of the car from the inside. Plus, we've made a short video not only showing you our new gauges, but also what it's like to rip around in this car at a 700+whp setting!
Mike Kojima posted on Sunday, April 12, 2015 8:06 PM
In the last edition of Project Tundra, we had installed Hellwig's adjustable rear antisway bar in an effort to improve our truck's balance and limit body body roll to help keep our stability control from activating prematurely.
Now to finish up our chassis tuning we wanted to address a problem all trucks that tow have. With tongue weight in place the back of a trucks sags lower and the front lifts higher. This makes the handling a little squirrely at times, the steering getting light a lot due to the geometry changes of the front end when under droop. The heavily loaded rear suspension is also prone to bottom out with bigger enclosed trailers which can make things interesting and possibly damage the trailer jack.
To fix this by leveling out our truck without hurting our ride, we decided to go with a set of Hellwig Big Wig air bags. The air bags can increase the rear suspension's capacity by 2700 lbs and restore the proper ride height improving stability and laden ride. When finished towing, the bags can be depressurized for a stock ride height. and smooth ride.
Mike Kojima posted on Sunday, April 05, 2015 4:38 PM
If you have been following Project Tundra, you know we have been struggling with excessive activation of our truck's stability and traction control systems. The improved power of our supercharged engine and additional traction of our larger tires have been driving the electronic nannys of the truck's OEM systems crazy. We were hopeful that a new adjustable rear antisway bar from Hellwig would help.
Mike Kojima posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 11:07 PM
So as we alluded to in our last article, our powerful supercharged Tundra without a limited slip was continually activating the Trucks electronic nannies. With the more powerful engine, the electronic LSD was working the rear brakes constantly trying to keep one tire fire under control and with the added cornering forces that our bigger tires allowed, the stability control was grinding away at the front brakes in tuns all the time. The electronics were probably causing the brakes to be used at twice the normal rate.
We had tackled some of the issue by limiting body roll with a Sequoia front and TRD rear anti sway bar and turning up the stiffness of our King Adjustable shocks. Adding an Auburn Gear Limited Slip Differential also helped a lot to keep the electronics from grinding away at our brakes. However our brakes and rotors were shot with the rear brakes worn to the backing plates and we had to replace those ASAP.
We turned to Stoptech for some help in the brake replacement department with some new rear sport rotors and some less aggressive brake pads in the hopes of reducing brake dust and rotor wear for this brake service period