MotoIQ Forums
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Anonymyz  
#21 Posted : Sunday, February 08, 2015 4:26:50 PM(UTC)
Anonymyz

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Heres 2 down in So-Cal

http://sandiego.craigsli.../ssd/cto/4845447578.html

http://sandiego.craigsli.../esd/cto/4861914251.html

Found a few SRT-4's up here in Nor-Cal as well

S130  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:33:42 PM(UTC)
S130

While loving most of the projects you guys post, most of your choices are quite common ones. The Dog Car being a good example others have already pointed out, I'd like to see some of the other more neglected but capable chassis choices available. I am also a huge fan of resto-modded cars. I'm mostly a Nissan guy, my daily is an '05 350Z track package that is near stock. My project is '79 280ZX, most people my age don't even know what it is. The car is mostly used as a drivetrain donor for the much loved '70-'78 Z, and aftermarket support is lacking. I'm not saying do a 280ZX, I was just using it as an example, but projects on older cars would be nice. And by old I mean 70's and 80's metal.
'05 Nissan 350Z Track-Daily duties
'79 Datsun 280ZX-Jackstand queen
dukerollo  
#23 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 12:39:29 PM(UTC)
dukerollo

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm not really picky as to what the platform has to be, but I would like to see some kind vanilla appliance of a car that is no good at anything turned into something worth consideration. Something with no real aftermarket, something that would take real engineering and creativity to make worth while. Whether it be making it a killer sleeper, time attack car, hypermiler, etc., that is what I would like to see.
stcyclone  
#24 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 4:28:43 PM(UTC)
stcyclone

how about a detailed suspension tuning articles?

like actually taking one of the project cars (preferably one of the RWD's) and going extensively through the steps of dialing in the suspension for a particular HPDE. You guys have fantastic articles, but they serve as a general background info.

true, Such walk-through article would be quite specif to a certain car/track/mods/tire/driver/weather conditions. But it would reflect the "mind set" of fine tuning a suspension for a given situation.

perhaps you can start off with road racing, with time you can cover different HDPE's.

i believe suspension is the most important part of a -race- car; hence i would highly appreciate any "mind set" articles about it.
cshaw  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 10:40:14 PM(UTC)
cshaw

As I am currently piecing together an old datsun S30, I would love to see that chassis as a project car. Mine was purchased as someone else's abandoned project, and while it will come together eventually I really wouldn't recommend that route.
Yes this particular chassis has been modified in every way possible over the years, but perhaps Motoiq can inject some insanity as it does with so many other projects. I'd like to see just how far you could really take the L series engine and perhaps go full Kojima on the suspension design. This fellow on hybridZ just cast a new four valve Dohc head for the L. This is beautiful work and please check out the thread, he's open to ideas and would appreciate your constructive opinions!

http://forums.hybridz.or...rks/page-16#entry1144575

I have already committed to buying one of the production versions of this head, and were you to build a project around this I would help in any way possible. Old cars are works of art and blending that beauty with the latest engineering makes the greatest vehicles.

Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever. Build it!
Supercharged111  
#26 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 6:45:38 AM(UTC)
Supercharged111

Originally Posted by: tbull Go to Quoted Post
Since you guys have been doing more domestics lately, why not try your hand at The American Sports Car, the Corvette? In particular, I would be interested in a C5 or C6 Z06.

Along the same lines as SRT4ACR, I'd love to see you guys do an Audi S4 or S5 because I have a B6 S4. :)

I've got a C5Z. If Mike can get me some free KW coilovers and a full front/rear Stoptech BBK I'll make an article. :D

What I'd really like to see is a professional tuner showing how he does what he does to dyno tune a car. So much of what is out there is way too generic. I doubt it'd cause any loss of business because most people are too scared to do it themselves anyway.

sr23det  
#27 Posted : Monday, November 02, 2015 3:33:47 AM(UTC)
sr23det

anything new on your dba mike?
smartbomb  
#28 Posted : Monday, November 02, 2015 4:46:49 AM(UTC)
smartbomb

Groups: Administrators, Editors, MotoIQAdmins_Members, Registered, Registered Users, SocialGroup_Admin, Subscribers, Suspension102_Members, Welcome_Members

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Suspension, brakes, wheel and tire stuff is coming
sr23det  
#29 Posted : Thursday, November 05, 2015 1:17:51 AM(UTC)
sr23det

cool! just got myself a 11 cba and want get it more refined. I should of gotten a dba for 10k more and not have to worry about updating mines. but hey its life.
smartbomb  
#30 Posted : Thursday, November 05, 2015 1:21:41 AM(UTC)
smartbomb

Groups: Administrators, Editors, MotoIQAdmins_Members, Registered, Registered Users, SocialGroup_Admin, Subscribers, Suspension102_Members, Welcome_Members

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I had both and the DBA is a lot better.